Drew Weissman is an American physician-scientist and Nobel Prize laureate best known for his contributions to RNA biology. His work was used for the development of mRNA vaccines, the... Wikipedia
- Born: September 7, 1959, Lexington, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Education: Brandeis University (BA, MA), Boston University (MD, PhD)
- Thesis: Regulation of B lymphocytes with reagents that cross-link surface immunoglobulin (1987)
- Known for: Modified mRNA technologies used in COVID-19 vaccines
- Notable awards: Rosenstiel Award (2020), Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award (2021), VinFuture Prize (2022), Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences (2022), Harvey Prize (2023 awarded for the year 2021), Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (2023)
- Data source: DuckDuckGo